Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Who can actually wear a glass slipper anyway!?!?!?!

I am going absolutely CRAZY trying to find shoes for the wedding. I have gone through 2 pairs so far, a but have not found the right ones. This has been harder then finding THE DRESS!


 Shoe #1 - David's Bridal - Marly


I bought these when I ordered my FIRST dress (yes, I said first). I didn't pick them out or even get a good look at them when I did. The girl at DB picked them out to try on for heel height and I was so exhausted at that point that I just said I would take them. Well... now they are sitting in my closet. They don't really go with my new dress and are pretty hard to walk in. My feet seem to move around in them too much and I can see myself twisting an ankle or falling down the aisle because I've got crappy shoes and 100lbs of dress on. Not a good combo.





Shoe #2 - Liz Rene - Melissa

Super cute, right?
Reviews said they were super comfortable.

Eh. WRONG! Not comfy, hard to walk in and make me look funny. AND the white isn't really white, it was a pinkish off white. They go back tomorrow.




I've looked at just about every site I can think of and just haven't found anything that jumps out at me. I need it to be a lower heel because I am not good in tall shoes and am a total klutz, I can't wear flats because Justin is already a lot taller than me and I will look goofy standing next to him without a little height and they need to be semi-comfy because that will be ALL I think about during the ceremony if my feet feel like they are going to fall off.

I just don't know what to do anymore. Maybe I'll just go barefoot, or in tube socks. Sound like a plan?

I need help ladies! Help me find some cute shoes that are a lower heel (under 3in) and aren't super expensive. I felt a couple chest pains paying the $86 for pair #2, so I'd like to keep it under $90 because lets face it, I'm never going to wear them again.

I can't post pictures of my dress because my blog is linked to my facebook and I don't want Justin stumbling on to my dress, we've already had one scare, I'm keeping him as far away from my dress as possible until I walk down that aisle!

Help Me!
Thanks in advance!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Emily. Try this link. It's from the Knot today. There are a bunch of websites where you might just find what you're looking for.

    http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_wedding-day-shoes

    I got my shoes from David's Bridal and they were actually comfortable throughout the wedding and a good portionof the reception. The name of the shoe was called "Tammy". They were white and strappy (is this even a word?) with a low heel.
    Here's the website for DB shoes.

    http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10051&storeId=10052&categoryId=-49997459&currentPage=0&subCategory=-49998498%7c-49997996%7c-49997459&pageSize=9999


    Hope you find what your looking for.

    ReplyDelete