Thursday, February 4, 2010

Chugging Right Along... I think.

So it's been a while.

It's been a hard couple of months for me, so I just didn't have the time or energy to update you all on my crazy life. Chances are that you're my friend on Facebook anyway and have heard my rants and raves on my daily status updates :)

My Mary Kay Grand Opening went well, I reached my goal, with a little stretching. I had four makeovers in total over 2 weeks, completing 17 new faces which gave a "Perfect Start"! Very exciting, but I'm not going to lie, very exhausting. After the first makeover I started to resent Mary Kay a little because I was realizing that the wedding was just around the corner and I was ditching my wedding stuff to work on my Mary Kay stuff, so it took a lot for me to get my crap together for the other 3 makeovers, but I did it and had a good time. I'm having a hard time seeing it in my future on a regular basis, but who knows, maybe after the wedding is over and life slows down a little bit, I'll be more ready to put sometime into it. We shall see...

So, the house hunt is officially over... and by that I mean, we gave up for the time being. We've put in 5 bids since November and only one was accepted and it ended up turning into a load of crap (you all know the story, I've explained it a couple times) and Justin and I were just tired of the stress and disappointment. We were also running out of time and I didn't want to buy a house just because the timing was right. If I'm going to spend thousands of dollars on a house, it's going to be worth it and I'm not sure we would have been 100% happy in anything that we saw while hunting. So for the next year or so we will be living in an apartment saving money are repairing some credit with the hopes that in a year we will be eligible for a little bit more money and will have more time and energy to devote to a house hunt. I do have to give my real estate agent real props! She fought for us and was amazing!! FYI: Her name is Wendy Harlow and works for Keller Williams in Plymouth, let me know if you want some more info, I would love to recommend her to anyone looking for a home.

We have an appointment with an apartment complex in Northville tomorrow night, so hopefully it will be a good place for a good price and we can move in sometime soon.

On the wedding front: I've gotten quite a bit done recently. The invitations are about 3/4 done, coasters are almost done and lots of little stuff have been checked off my list recently. I'm super excited to have all that stuff off my shoulders. This wedding is going to be AMAZING but I cannot wait for it to be over. Not in a bad way, I'm just ready to devote my brain to something else for a while, maybe... Grad School :)

Nice transition don't you think?

I am planning on going to Grad School in the fall, well, I would like to start Grad School in the fall. I'm not sure how I'm going to pay for it at this point, but it's definitely something I want to accomplish. Eastern has a Educational Psychology program that is fully online, which is AWESOME because then I can work full-time and take classes at the same time, no internship or classes required. Completely awesome! It's something I have a great interest in and would open quite a few doors, including teaching at a community college or working in a school. If anything it will give me something productive to concentrate on and make me feel like I have an escape hatch built into my professional life right now, which is much needed. I can't keep on the path I am on, it's not good for me.

That's what I've got for now. I had some political opinions and venting that I wanted to get out, but I think I'll save that for a different post... I don't want to overload you in one night ;)

Nighty Night!
Em.

2 comments:

  1. It's great to have you back! All of my favorite bloggers have been on hiatus!

    Wow! You do have a lot on your plate. I’ll keep you in my thoughts and good luck! The good news is….it’s FRIDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Thanks Kristin!

    I love that I have people who read my craziness, makes the blogging worth it :)

    And yes, TGIF indeed!

    ReplyDelete