Saturday, February 6, 2010

A promise is a promise

During my PMS induced post last night, I promised to be back today with a better attitude and here I am :)

Still feeling kind of sick, but I had a decent day, so I am going to spread my happiness to the blogger world.

I woke up with two kitties cuddling with me, one of which proceeded to meow at me, right in my face. I couldn't help but laugh. I spent most of morning chatting with my Dad. We don't get to do that very often, so I like to savor the times when we do. He works afternoons, so I only see him on the weekend and it was just us in the house this morning, so we talked about all kinds of stuff including his job and how he is single handedly bringing in extra money for his company. He is just doing a little extra every week while still doing his job (he's pretty much cutting out a middle man for the company when he sees the opportunity). He's brought in an extra 10,000 since August. I was honestly inspired and very proud to see how he sees the bigger picture and is helping out his company even though he's received a pay cut recently and they have gone through tons of layoffs. I have been looking for something, anything, to inspire me lately and it's funny how you find it in the strangest of places. I never thought the inspiration/mood lifter I needed would come from a casual chat session with my Dad on a Saturday morning.

I went shopping with my mom today. I went looking for a shower dress, which I have yet to find, but I came out with a SUPER cute outfit for my bachelorette party. I guess that's something :)

Update on the apartment search: Justin and I went last night to check out a complex in Northville. Wasn't really our cup of tea, and frankly, the lady showing us around bugged me. There is a complex in Canton that has everything and I mean EVERYTHING we want, but I have been apprehensive about it because I'm not a huge fan of Canton because Ford Road is just a little too crazy for me, but the complex is perfect, so I just sent an e-mail out checking for availability.

ALSO.... I got my car back today, nothing was wrong so it was no charge. Gotta love the guys at Belle Tire in Livonia, they are AWESOME!

Now it's off to eat some Daly's with my parents and watch House. Lazy Saturday night in. Perfect for the February weather, gotta love it.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment