Sunday, February 21, 2010

And another one bites the dust....

In a good way!!

I have another thing to cross off my list today! Justin and I went out to Gardner White to find some furniture for our apartment, and we ended up finding one of those "couch with TV" packages that comes with not only a 42 inch LCD TV, but also a WII!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited. As soon as it comes, I'm going out to buy Wii fit and Wii sports because I'm all about the bowling game. I think I might be more excited about the Wii then the furniture, lol. I haven't done much as far as packing goes, but I'll get to it this week. I am planning on doing nothing this week but packing (and working) so I can get it all done by D-Day.

In wedding news: Justin and I had a meeting at Laurel Manor on Saturday to go over our menu options and finalize everything. We ended up adding up-lighting and linens to our order. Originally I wasn't going to do special linens because it was ALL about saving money and not doing anything that could be considered "extravagant" but after going over the numbers and getting some much needed financial help from some family members, we actually have extra money in the savings account, so we looked at what they had to offer and got some sage green (chiffon) linens and will be doing 4 light pink lights at the points in the room. We also added a cake from Sweet Dreams. Originally, our package included the wedding cake from Sweet Dreams, or we could get 2.75 per person taken off of our bill and take care of the cake ourselves. Well, we were 77 days away from the wedding and hadn't taken any steps towards finding a bakery and honestly, I had no desire to drag Justin to another wedding meeting, so when our consultant brought it up again, we jumped at it. I wanted a simple cake, white on white with some scrolling and they had the perfect one for us. We don't have to do ANYTHING, our consultant asked if we liked strawberries, and both Justin and I said "yes!" as if she was dangling a million dollars in front of our faces and she suggested one of Sweet Dream's most popular cakes - Vanilla cake, butter cream and fresh strawberries. We said - Awesome, she filled out the sheet and faxed it over. CAKE - DONE!

We've got mostly little things from here and 77 days to get it all done. The biggest things that are fogging my mind this week are getting the coasters done for the shower, and moving. Once those two projects are done, it's on to the invitations they are about 75% done, and I've decided to just take on the rest of the project myself. That will be my project for the week after the shower so they can be in the mail before the end of that week. So, ladies, hold me to it. Invites in the mail by Saturday March 13th!!

That's all I have for now - I think. I'm off to update my 101 in 1001 list and to watch some US vs Canada Olympic Hockey.

Have a great evening and Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment