Thursday, February 18, 2010

Official 101 in 1001 List!

I have officially made my list. It is organized by categories, no no particular order.

Start Date: Wednesday, February 17th, 2010
End Date: Wednesday, November 14th, 2012

Day
1. No TV for an entire day, twice (0/2)
2. Read an article on freep.com everyday for a year (0/365)

Weekly
3. Take e-mail off my Blackberry for a week
4. Drink nothing but water for a week, three times (0/3)
5. Eat no meat for a week, twice (0/2)
6. Eat no chocolate for a week
7. Go to bed by 10pm every night for a week, twice (0/2)
8. Don’t visit Facebook for a week
9. Pray at least twice a week without asking for anything for myself

Monthly
10. Blog at least 8 times per month (6/264)
11. Blog at least 2 recipes per month (0/66)
12. No fast food for a month (McDonalds, Arby’s, BK, Taco Bell, Boston Market, Subway)
13. Wash my face and remove all makeup before bed every night for a month (1/30)
14. No late payments for 12 months in a row (1/12)
15. Date night with Justin at least twice a month (1/66)
16. Wear a skirt to work once a month (0/33)
17. Go to church at least once a month (0/33)
18. Eat a raw fruit or vegetable at every meal for a month
19. Every month have a “I’m thankful for” blog post (0/33)
20. Take a picture a day for at least a month

Yearly
21. Wear my contacts at least once a week for a year (0/52)

Travel
22. Go camping at Aloha State Park again
23. Visit Wilmington North Carolina
24. Use my passport to go somewhere other than Canada
25. Watch the sunrise from 2 different locations (0/2)
26. Go to Chicago with Justin
27. Visit 10 states that I’ve never been to (0/10)
28. Collect postcards from every place I’ve traveled for a scrapbook
29. See a sunset on Mullet Lake again
30. Take a trip to the Toledo Zoo

Health Related
31. Lose 20 pounds and KEEP IT OFF
32. Visit a nutritionist
33. TRY Jillian Michael’s 30 day Shred
34. Go to the eye doctor
35. Get NEW FRAMES for my glasses
36. Try Yoga

Material Stuff
37. Buy a new car
38. Upgrade my digital camera
39. Order something custom made from Etsy
40. Buy a piece of art from Suze Ford
41. Buy a Wii


Personal – Hobbies
42. Read my collection of Sookie Stackhouse novels
43. Finish writing story started in January 09
44. Write an essay/article and find out how to get it published somewhere
45. Start and finish a sewing project
46. Learn how to make Thanksgiving dinner

Personal - Random
47. Start Graduate School
48. Write a letter to myself to open in 10 years
49. Take a picture of myself turning 26 and 27
50. Go strawberry picking
51. Join a bible study group at church
52. Make inspirational notes to leave in random places
53. Go to a Red Wings playoff game
54. See a movie in the afternoon by myself
55. Write a letter to a government official
56. Rescue a cat/dog
57. Find a spot to watch planes landing at Metro Airport
58. Find out how to properly measure my bra size and order a proper sized bra
59. Giving Mary Kay at least a 2 month effort after the wedding
60. Buy a pair of jeans not from the plus department (NO OLD NAVY)
61. Make a list of career dreams and find “my passion”
62. See Jack’s Mannequin in concert again
63. Do research on Downs Syndrome


Charity/Donations/Volunteer
64. Take leadership role in the Livonia RFL
65. Get rid of a piece of clothing for every new one I buy
66. Host an independent fundraiser for a charity
67. Find someone on Modest Needs to sponsor
68. Adopt a family at Christmas
69. Send a care package to soldiers overseas
70. Find 10 things I can do to “live more green” (1/10)
71. Donate old formal dresses
72. Commit at least 6 hours to Livonia RFL
73. Go to Wish Granting Training

Friends/Family
74. Host a girl’s night at home
75. Throw a surprise party
76. Visit my Grandfather’s site at the cemetery
77. Visit my paternal Grandma on a day that is not a holiday
78. Make a list of family/friends birthdays and send out cards for each
79. Find out more about my history
80. Complete an address book
81. Take Macaylah, Matt and Rachel for an overnight
82. Host Family Christmas

Marriage
83. Start a Travel Map
84. Research adoption laws in Michigan
85. Completely change my last name
86. Move in with Justin
87. Get married ☺ Yes – I know this a cop out, but it will be super fun to cross it off the list
88. Buy a house
89. Learn how to make Justin’s 5 favorite meals (0/5)


Money
90. Pay for an entire Christmas without using a Credit Card
91. Keep a log of all spending for 3 months (0/3)
92. Eliminate extra spending based on log for the following 3 months
93. Read “Total Money Makeover” by Dave Ramsey
94. Donate $2 for each item not completed to charity
95. Use at least one coupon every time I go grocery shopping
96. Get at least $1,000 in savings for “emergencies”
97. Save all my change for a year
98. Save a dollar a day for the 1001 days to spend at the end of the 1001.
99. Save enough extra money to buy a Coach purse
100. Pay off at least ONE credit card
101. Develop a money "system" for weekly spending

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This is IMPRESSIVE! What a great list. I'm going to bookmark it in case I ever decide to take on this challenge! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristin! I actually got the idea from Heather of "Heather Drive" and "Road to the Aisle". It's going to be interesting to see if I can pull it off. But so far it's been fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the list. Under marriage you have a travel map...what is that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Amanda - A travel map, another thing I stole from Heather, is a map where you keep track of all the places you've visted with your FI/DH. You use a big world map and use push pins to mark the places that you've been. Heather has a whole post dedicated to hers. It's pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete