Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Condo, Christmas, Craziness... Oh My!

So, I have about a half an hour left in my day, so I figured I would use it to update you fine people :)

On the housing front:
Our offer was accepted on the condo!! We are in the middle of getting our appraisal back and waiting for closing. We ended up offering $2000 less then the asking price, asking for the fridge (all other appliances were already included, we wanted the matching fridge, lol) and closing costs. They are going to do all 3, as well as fix some things we found during the inspection!! Once its ours, I will post some before and after pictures. I cannot wait to paint and make a home out of it!


Holidays:
Christmas was great, pretty low key, but great. We have 4 celebrations that we attend so it was jam packed with food, family and presents. Christmas Eve we always go to 10pm service, sit in the balcony to watch the signing of "Silent Night" by candle light. It's my favorite part of Christmas Eve :)

Christmas day is pretty crazy. This was my last year waking up at my parent's house for Christmas (more on how I feel about that later), usually my sister and I wake up first and then get the parents up, but... as we've aged it ended up being more about my parents waking up first and Laura and I following after. We have Christmas, just the 4 of us (or 7 of us, including the cats). Later Justin comes over for his little Christmas with us/breakfast. In the afternoon we go to my grandmas to have Christmas with her and my mom's brothers. It used to be a huge family affair, but after marriages/divorces it's become more about the five of us (my immediate family), my grandma and whatever uncle decides to show up. For the passed couple of years we have a second Christmas at my grandma's, the day after. This is my favorite one, it's "Aunt Judy" Christmas. My Aunt Judy, cousins, my family and grandma get together to have a smaller, more casual day. This year was pizza and cake, lol. Then Jusin and I jet off to have Christmas with his family. It's crazy, but I guess that's the nature of the beast.

New Years Eve is really not a big deal in my family, never has been. Usually Justin and I go out with his family/boating friends to a bar, but this year we are doing our own thing. We're stopping by Applebees for dinner to visit our friend, Brandon, then going back home to watch some movies. We usually end up wanting to leave the bar around 11:30 anyway, so this year we'll stay home, save money and celebrate just the two of us :)


I am more looking forward to the time off work then the actual holiday. I'm also going to hit up the Outlet Mall in Howell on NYE, so that is exciting. Hopefully it isn't crazy busy, because I'm not big on crowds... especially while shopping. NY Day, we will be finishing up our registry at JCPenny and meeting with Justin's grandparents for lunch.




That's really been the main focus for my life lately. I've got my Mary Kay grand opening coming up soon, and have to start getting my behind in gear! Next week is going to crazy. My birthday is next Thursday, then I have my Grand Opening that weekend, nothing like jamming it all in at once :)

I'll come back with some more details and be a little less vague tomorrow. I'm not being a very good blogger... I just come in to give a monthly update, which I'm sure is no fun for anyone!

Until tomorrow, be safe and stay warm!

2 comments:

  1. I like reading your updates! Congrats on the condo, I hope the rest of the process goes smoothly for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim! I should really update more than I do. I tend to do it when I have like four things to talk about and end up just mushing everything together, lol.

    ReplyDelete