Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Switching It Up!

Life has been interesting lately. I have run out of time to blog, but over the passed couple of days I have sparked some inspiration and I think I'm going to take a turn and charge myself to make some changes in my life. Recently two of my high school friends (I use the term "friends" loosely because I haven't seen either of them in years) died, one in a car accident and one took his own life. I am struggling with the realization that we are not as invincible as we think we are. We're supposed to be just starting out lives, settling down, starting families, not being killed by drunk drivers or taking our own lives. While both of these incidents are completely tragic and sad, they have inspired me to make some changes in my life.

I have always been a "big" girl. It never really bothered me, I was okay with being overweight. I found a man that loves me had a beautiful wedding and still manage to have a love-affair with clothes and have the credit card bills to prove it. While I have a little bit more confidence then your average overweight girl, I have a complete lack of motivation to do anything to change. I've done diets before, I've dropped weight and gained it all back (and then some). I don't really know how to live a healthy lifestyle and am an emotional eater. But lately, I have been thinking a lot more about HEALTH. Not size or buying clothes at the popular stores, but about being healthy and being around for the children I want to have. I don't want to pass on my lack of motivation or my poor lifestyle choices to any children I may or may not have in the future. So I am starting by taking some baby steps. So, in an effort to do so I will be making a lot of blog posts revolving around this issue....if you don't want to read about a fat girl complaining about how hard it is to work out/not eat junk food then you might not want to read :) Just a little disclaimer for you.

I start with making some small strides over the next couple of days, I would like to:
1. Go to the leasing office of the apartment complex to get a key to the workout room.
2. Start cutting down on the amount of sugar I am eating/drinking everyday
3. Do some research about food and sugar addiction
4. Make small healthy choices (ie: baked potato instead of fries, salad or veggies at every meal, oatmeal/yogurt instead of a bagel, etc)
5. Add in some workout routines.

Another source of inspiration - I read this article today about a writer from Marie Claire who berated the actors of a show called "Mike and Molly" I have never seen or heard of the show, but the things she (and some of the commenters) said really shocked me.

That's all for now, keep your eye open for video blog posts and some updates on what kind of progress I'm making - hopefully I can find some motivation to stick with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment