Tuesday, June 15, 2010

58 days, 21 hours, 36 minutes and 19 seconds

That's how long it's been since my last post. Life has been a little crazy since then, so I figure the best way to get back into it and update you the past 58 days, 21 hours, 36 minutes and 19 seconds is to make a list of things that have happened and make my way through it.

1. We got MARRIED!!!
2. Our Honeymoon
3. Meet Gus Gus!
4. Work Drama
5. The Chopping of the Tresses
6. Relay for Life
7. Upcoming Mackinaw Trip :)
8. Grad School, Here I Come!

 A lot of stuff has changed and a lot of things are the same... which really isn't very revealing is it? It would make the most sense to start with #1 and tell you all about our special day, but I won't get the CD with the pictures on it for a couple days, so until I can fully amaze you, I will skip straight to #3. GUS GUS!! He is our new kitten. We adopted him the week after we got back from our honeymoon. He is absolutely adorable but is completely insane as well.  
 


Kitty (Justin's family cat that also lives with us, she's 16 years old and pretty sick) is SLOWLY getting used to him being here, but she definitely doesn't like playing with him. She doesn't like doing much of anything so I'm not surprised that she has issues with him. In hindsight, we probably should have waited to adopt Gus, so that Kitty wasn't stressed during her last couple of months, but we had good intentions, we thought he would help her feel more youthful and have fun... not so much.  

He's tearing our apartment up, knocking stuff over and pulling up some carpeting, but other than that he's pretty sweet. He's a cuddler too, when he wants to be... Once he get's neutered and mellows a little bit, he'll be the perfect "First Baby" :)
That's about it for now. I will be back in the next couple days to upload some pictures and give you some stories. I'm glad to be back and am slowly getting back into the groove of life, but it's quite a shock to be off of work for 2 1/2 weeks and then being thrown back into a life of work, cooking, money, bills, traffic, etc. Urgh. Maybe the weekend in Mackinaw will mellow me out too. Maybe Gus and I both need to mellow :) Happy Blogging - I'll type at 'cha soon!

2 comments:

  1. OMG - love GusGus. He's adorable! Love the photo of him stretched over the couch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't he!?!? He's so cute, which is good and bad - it makes it impossible to be mad at him :)

    ReplyDelete