Friday, March 12, 2010

Oscar Worthy

Evening bloggers!

Tonight was a fun night. I went out to dinner and saw "The Blind Side" with my mom. We did our usual chinese buffet which was fun. The vegetable lo mein was fantastic like always :)

I have to say - I really enjoyed the movie though. I am already a Sandra Bullock fan, but this performace just put her on a whole other level. It was solid and completely amazing. She totally made the movie! And, as we were walking out of the theater I said to my mom "Can you imagine seeing Sandra Bullock win an Oscar for playing YOU in a movie??" -- It makes me want to research more about Michael Oher (I think that's how it's spelled) and his family. It ALSO made me think about what I want to do with the rest of my life. I've been struggling with this lately and know there are about 7 different things that interest me and I can see me doing, but I just don't know what road to take. This movie made me take notice to two things:

1. Becoming a teacher -- Elementary Education was my major for the first two years of college. I bailed after two years mainly because I didn't want to do the student teaching and take the exams in order to get my teaching certificate. I regret that A LOT.

2. Non-Profit Management -- This is something that I have been thinking about lately. It would give me the ability to help people (whatever population I choose) while still be in the office enviornment, which I have grown to love (I'm weird, I know).

I guess I will have to look into both futures and start weighing my options. I see a Gilmore Girl Pro/Con list coming on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment